YQL Geo Library and Introduction to Geo Hacking talkThursday, March 11th, 2010
I am right now in Atlanta, Georgia for the Georgia Tech University Hack and one of the hot technologies we want to have students hack on is geolocation. To this end, I have given a talk on geo hacking:
- Detecting the visitor’s location with the W3C geo API and with IP as a fallback
- Find geo location from text
- Find location from lat/lon pair
- Find locations in a certain web document (by URL)
- Get the location for a certain IP number
Check out the YQL Geo Library demo page and get the YQL Geo Library source on GitHub.