TTMMHTM: Piano hacks, PHP and Ruby secured, Leisure Suit Larry in CanvasFriday, October 9th, 2009 at 8:22 am
Things that made me happy this morning.
- Changing a staircase into a massive piano makes 60% more people use it instead of the escalators – fun is the best way to make people use things.
- You can do vocoding with a Piano
- YQL meets SPARQL
- Kayak releases trends data – sadly enough not as a data API but as graphs
- Twig is a PHP5 templating engine with security baked in.
- Rails 3.0 now has XSS protection built in – congrats, guys.
- Michael Moore’s new web site is based on Django and here’s some info how they made it scale.
- This site is under construction is probably the best “under construction” animation collection ever.
- Google Moderator is a great app to collect questions for a final panel of a conference.
- Lego Mindstorm robots solving Rubik’s cubes – SkyNet has nothing on them
- Old point and click adventures in Canvas – play Leisure Suit Larry as a multiplayer game.
- The YQLEX builder is a nice mashup of the YUI grids builder and YQL
Tags: fun, hacking, inspiring, kayak, piano, travel, yql, YUI