TTMMHTM: Evangelist Handbook, Billboard charts API, collaborative editing, IE6 bashing, pretty JSON, fancy fast food and terrible bugs.Friday, July 24th, 2009 at 8:33 am
Things that made me happy this morning
- I’m working on a handbook for developer evangelists (the outline is here) and I am 7000 words in – after 2 days of writing.
- Billboard have released an API which gets you access to all kind of music charts. I’d love to mash that up with the Spotify API, but I won’t buy a premium account just to do some hacking.
- EtherPad is a very cool tool for collaborative text editing. Much like SubEthaEdit for the web – or like Bespin of course
- Vanish is an solution to create web content that self destructs after a certain time (much like these messages in the spy movies).
- Hey IT is a campaign to tell your IT department just how much IE6 makes kitty cry.
- phMagick is not a skin conditioner, but a pretty cool PHP wrapper for imageMagick to convert images, add drop shadows and so on. CSS3 for all browsers!
- JSON Formatter is a validation and pretty printing tool for JSON.
- There is a pretty sweet isometric timeline animation of the international space station at USA Today (you know, the newspaper you always stumble over when you leave hotel rooms)
- Fancy Fast Food shows you how you can turn fast food into very pretty meals
- 10 historical software bugs with disastrous consequences teaches us to fix our code.