GeoMaker update – new features and source available on GitHubMonday, July 20th, 2009 at 8:21 am
Over the course of the weekend I finished polishing GeoMaker and uploaded the source to GitHub. So now you can use GeoMaker or its API and also host them on your own server.
The new features include:
- Embedding of Geo microformats into a text when originally you wanted to analyse a text and intermediate text display.
- Turning RSS feeds into maps (much like RSS2Map) with an intermediate filtering step
- Total re-code (includes instead of one massive chunk, configuration and labels file)
- Help and About and Developer docs
See the changes in action in the following screencast (the design of the RSS preview has changed since – more obvious now):
The next steps will be to allow for multiple map providers. Got any other ideas?
- Download GeoMaker on GitHub
- Visit GeoMaker
Tags: geomaker, map generation, maps, microformats, open source, placemaker, yahoo