TTMMHTM: Good job news, extending browsers, TweetEffect and converting Wikipedia to JSONMonday, January 19th, 2009 at 6:06 pm
Things that made me happy this morning (and I tell you about in the afternoon):
- I spent the morning chatting with JGP about a job portal for job seekers with disabilities – this will be massive!
- Obamiconme is a Flash app that allows you to vectorize your photo into one that looks like Obama’s HOPE poster (or well, close) – via Emily Lewis
- The $300m button is a nice case study that shows that making a form more usable can have quite a monetary impact
- Robert Nyman explains how to extend browsers with your own scripts – beyond GreaseMonkey
- My own little hack TweetEffect, showing you changes in your follower numbers went nuts (2000 visits in 30 minutes) after Guy Kawasaki twittered about it
- Inspired by Bhasker V Kode’s comment on Jonathan Trevor’s blog I found a real use case for the Microformats data table in YQL: Getting microformats information from Wikipedia as JSON – in this case I did a mashup showing meteor craters on earth