TTMMHTM: Wallace and Gromit details, CSS scrubbing, accessibility stuff and UX LondonMonday, January 5th, 2009 at 12:56 pm
Things that made me happy this morning:
- Wallace and Gromit’s “A matter of loaf and death” (for the Brits available on iPlayer for others on bittorrent) – I just love the amount of detail the people at Aardman put into their work. Check for example that the cardoor claims “dough to door delivery” and “flour to the people” , the car license plate is “doh nut5” , Piella’s shoes are real Poochi’s and there’s a TankTopMan shop: . All the details are listed on Wikipedia. If you have that much fun with your work, you’ve done something right!
- Braille is 200 years old – let’s celebrate accessibility
- The Videos of Scripting Enabled are ready and uploaded – I am now putting together video pages with the transcriptions and all
- A backup strategy full of win
- CSS Super Scrub a tool that analyzes CSS and removes redundant selectors
- Uncoverr is a pretty cool site uncovering all the other media around a certain book – interviews, videos and such. Doesn’t find me though, maybe it is time for another book.
- Wulffmorgenthaler showing the first ever Bimbo
- I didn’t make the list of sexiest geeks what’s with that?
- Guidedogs are just the start The NYT reports about helper monkeys, miniature horses and parrots!
- Ticket sales for UX London have started. The new event by the dconstruct team.