⚡️TTMMHTM:Macs, IE6, hacker spaces, pixar vs. dreamworks and travel nightmaresThursday, April 2nd, 2009 at 10:15 am
Things that made me happy this morning:
Let’s start with
- IE6 gets more bashings with code to crash ie
and a lovely IE6 voodoo doll. I don’t approve of using the crash code, but it shows how messed up the rendering engine really is!
- In the future we will get our energy from hamster wheels – I knew it!
- Some stunning earth hour photos – large cities cutting down on energy for an hour, click the photos to see the transition
- There’s now a wiki on hacker spaces – co location offices for working on personal products
- Coding horror has a good article on how we can advocate for English documentation of code without being ugly american coders – I agree, I am sure my career is partly based on me not waiting for translated docs and using the English ones – sometimes with a dictionary by my side
- Someone discovered an unofficial Yahoo stocks API an “documented” it.
- A very truthful comparison of Pixar vs. Dreamworks
- Being a very busy traveller and hating pointless airport security measurements The Onion’s report on Prague’s Franz Kafka airport tickled me pink
- Wrong Tomorrow allows us to track which predictions turned out to be hokum.
- I know that a lot of people love bacon, but you can take it too far. Serioulsy, Bacon Lube ?