TTMMHTM: Reference in FireBug, YQL even cooler, Unicorns, Second Base explained, and much moreFriday, February 6th, 2009 at 7:05 pm
- FireScope is a Firefox extension that adds a CSS/HTML reference embedded to Firebug.
- YQL now has an own blog and announced Open Data Tables so you can define your own conversion tables!
- Cornify is the #1 unicorn and rainbow service worldwide, giving websites sparkle around the world.
- XKCD explains the first base, second base metaphors finally I get what these Americans are on about.
- Paul Boag keeps his tongue firmly in his cheek with 10 things a web designer would never tell you
- Simon Willison pondering about the right mime type for JSON
- The Stanford Laptop Orchestra plays music by tilting MacBooks
- A good talk by John Resig on performance improvements in browsers
- bacolicio.us adds bacon to any web site. Needs more sizzle though, for that you need YUI bacon
- Smashing Magazine started a section called “Ask SM” where you can email or tweet questions to the experts and get answers on the site:
1. Send an email to ask [at] smashingmagazine [dot] com with your question.
2. Post your question in our forum. You will need to sign up (yes, the forum is not officially launched yet, but it is running!).
3. Or, if you have a quick question, just tweet us @smashingmag or @chriscoyier with the tag [Ask SM].
Please note: I will do what I can to answer questions, but I certainly won’t be able to answer them all. However, posting questions to the forum gives you the best opportunity to get help from the community.