TTMMHTM: Happy Star Wars Day!Monday, May 4th, 2009
Things that made me happy this morning:
- May the fourth be with you – it is Star Wars Day!
- The YQL console now lists community open tables from github
- The Bay Area’s public transport system has a very nice API
- A nice photo series of old game controllers and consoles as X-Rays
- James Broad has a good step by step tutorial how to use iSight for a timelapse video
- PopeyesJokes on YouTube shows that you can create a lot of UGC with a simple video editing suite and a lot of enthusiasm
- What not the crochet tells you exacty that.
- The iSnort is an iPhone app to either make you look properly Hollywood, or to get you kicked out of any club. Also check the disclaimer on the bottom of the page.
- A great list of code comments
- Jacob Kaplan-Moss has info on the worst REST practices to avoid
- Wedesigner Depot praises 1,2,3 as a good usability practice
- Some very dedicated hackers found 48,000 lbs of 70mm tape – the only copy of extremely high-resolution images of the moon in an abandoned McDonald’s and started digitizing them.
- An art student in the UK shows how to make a car disappear. Take that James Bond.