TTMMHTM: Piracy figures, GIF or Jiff,Pixar Short, Blind Prom,Page Speed, Bing API and TetrisFriday, June 12th, 2009
Things that made me happy this morning:
Good to know:
- The Guardian released a great piece on the truth of the figures involved in DVD/Game and Music piracy
- Finally an answer how to pronounce GIF – it is “Jiff” – no, not Yiff
- Some very useful bash scripts for web developers
- A handy “know your Goth (stereo)types cheatsheet”:http://www.blackwaterfall.com/viewall.php
Everybody say “awwww”
- Tomorrow I am going to Sophie and Nigel’s wedding
- Partly Cloudy, Pixar’s new short movie – I loke the little Ram.
- A very heart-warming interview and photos of a prom night in a school for the blind
- Some mechanical engineering students turn class projects into solutions for disabled and seniors
- Elliot Kember tries to keep twitter free from spammers with Blocky
- The Google Page Speed team are listening to my concerns and will change some of the docs to replace a terrible JS example with better code
- Bing has a API now (which seems to be a rebranded Microsoft Live search) – good API, but I do hate this documentation format. And I work on a mac or on linux the advice to download the SDK didn’t help much either as it is an MSI :-(. Then again, there is a yet undocumented search option for FlightStatus – that looks interesting.
- Who knew that there are Hardcore Tetris orgies?
- Now, that’s what I call a party
- Greeks know how to party, check this Epic fireworks battle
- Do you remember the time when cocaine was still advertised?