What’s my job in my new role as Director of DevRel at WeAreDevelopers?Wednesday, August 16th, 2023 at 11:16 am
Now, with the World Congress out of the way, it is time to focus on my new role as Director of Developer Relations at WeAreDevelopers.
It feels great that what I do anyways because of personal interest is part of my role. This was the case when I worked for Yahoo and Mozilla and the first few years in Microsoft, but pivoting to Technical Product Management, I was missing this part. I had to take vacation days to present at events and there was no budget for any DevRel activitives.
Now, what am I going to do for WeAreDevelopers? I will be leading and coaching a team of DevRel people and whilst this is small for now, there is growth in the near future.
For now, I will be:
- Content editor of the DevDigest newsletter and blog and see what else we can do with that.
- Recording interviews and fireside chats with interesting people in the Coffee with Developers series.
- On the advirsory board for the WeAreDevelopers World Congress and plan the content of this 12,000 people event.
- Keep evolving the Code100 competition and how we can make this easier to run, so that other events can also take part.
- Working on some event strategy that goes beyond the big congress, with Bits and Bites meetups and a the WeAreDevelopers Live series.
- Presenting at events, doing training courses and coach and mentor people inside and outside on public speaking, video creation, writing and presenting.
As WeAreDevelopers is also a job board, I also want to work closely with our recruiters and content editors to ensure that developers and those trying to hire developers speak the same language.
For all of this, I’d love input from you. You can:
- Propose content items to write about and include in the newsletter
- Propose people to interview
- Tell me what a unique product like WeAreDevelopers can do to become your go-to resource for all things developer
Ping me on any of the channels I am on, or send content ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m looking forward to what comes next!