Getting AI to bullshit for youTuesday, July 4th, 2023 at 12:29 pm
One thing I am not good at is write in superlatives about myself. That’s a good thing, I think? But often you are asked to big yourself up for some official publication or marketing materials. So I thought I give ChatGPT a go to turn a list of facts about myself into a big-up intro.
Hey, ChatGPT: Create a book intro about an author with the following accomplishments:
- Former radio journalist and presenter
- Web developer for over 25 years
- Wrote the handbook on developer evangelism / developer advocacy
- Worked on huge web projects like eToys (one of the first ecommerce sites). the British Government’s tourism portal, McDonalds and Yahoo
- Worked at Yahoo as Web Architect and Senior Developer Evangelist
- Worked in Mozilla as Principal Evangelist, introducing a program to turn community members into developer advocates
- Worked at Microsoft as Senior Program Manager for Open Web and Browsers, helping to make Edge the best browser for developers
- Worked at Microsoft as Senior developer advocate for Edge, helping to make Internet Explorer a thing of the past
- Worked at Microsoft Principal Technical Product Manager for the Chromium Developer tools shared with Google Chrome, ensuring their accessibility and compliance
- Blogs since 2004 at https://christianheilmann.com
- Spoke at hundreds of conferences and events, keynoted many of them
- Wrote and recorded dozens of articles and videos for developer.mozilla.org, MSDN, ScriptJunkie and many other sites
- Freelance writer for Golem.de
- Presenter trainer and coach in Yahoo, Mozilla and Microsoft
- Accesibiliy advocate, expert and speaker
- Former member of W3C expert group of machine learning on device
- Video course creator for LinkedIn Learning and Skillshare:
- Tools and Tips to Optimize Your Workflow as a Developer
- Tools for Improving Product Accessibility
- Demystifying Artificial Intelligence: Understanding Machine Learning
- Moderated stages for WAD before and gave keynotes on AI and code generation
- Talks at WAD:
- Sacrificing the Golden Calf of coding
- Self replicating genies – How to democratize and ensure ethics in AI | Christian Heilmann
And here’s what ChatGPT made of it:
Introducing Christian Heilmann: A Trailblazer in Web Development and Advocacy
In the ever-evolving realm of web development, few names stand out like Christian Heilmann. With a remarkable career spanning over 25 years, Heilmann has left an indelible mark on the industry through his diverse roles and groundbreaking contributions. From his early days as a radio journalist and presenter to becoming a web development luminary, Heilmann’s journey is a testament to his unwavering passion and relentless pursuit of excellence.
A celebrated author, Heilmann penned the definitive handbook on developer evangelism and advocacy, solidifying his position as a thought leader in the field. Aptly titled, the handbook can be found at https://developer-advocacy.com, serving as a beacon for aspiring advocates seeking guidance in this dynamic landscape.
Throughout his career, Heilmann has been involved in awe-inspiring web projects that have shaped the digital landscape we know today. From eToys, one of the pioneering ecommerce sites, to the British Government’s tourism portal, and even household names like McDonald’s and Yahoo, his influence has been felt far and wide. Notably, during his tenure at Yahoo as Web Architect and Senior Developer Evangelist, Heilmann played an instrumental role in empowering developers and shaping the company’s technological vision.
Embracing new challenges, Heilmann joined Mozilla as Principal Evangelist, where he spearheaded a transformative program aimed at nurturing developer advocates within the community. His visionary leadership paved the way for countless individuals to discover their own advocacy potential, driving innovation and inclusivity in the developer ecosystem.
Continuing his journey at Microsoft, Heilmann’s expertise took center stage as he assumed the role of Senior Program Manager for Open Web and Browsers. His unwavering dedication to making Edge the premier browser for developers played a pivotal role in enhancing the development experience. Additionally, as Senior Developer Advocate for Edge, Heilmann played a crucial part in transitioning Internet Explorer into the annals of history, making way for a new era of web browsing.
With a deep commitment to accessibility, Heilmann served as the Principal Technical Product Manager for the Chromium Developer tools, jointly developed with Google Chrome. His tireless efforts ensured that these tools adhered to the highest accessibility and compliance standards, making web development more inclusive for all.
An accomplished speaker, Heilmann has graced countless conferences and events, delivering captivating keynotes that captivate audiences. His expertise has led to him writing and recording numerous articles and videos for esteemed platforms such as developer.mozilla.org, MSDN, and ScriptJunkie, solidifying his status as a trusted source of guidance and inspiration.
Beyond his industry engagements, Heilmann has contributed his freelance writing prowess to Golem.de, a prominent publication covering technology and its impact on society. Furthermore, he has honed his skills as a presenter trainer and coach, imparting invaluable wisdom to individuals at Yahoo, Mozilla, and Microsoft.
A champion for accessibility, Heilmann is an esteemed advocate, expert, and speaker on the subject. As a former member of the W3C expert group on machine learning on devices, he has played a pivotal role in shaping the future of this cutting-edge technology.
As a respected figure in the industry, Heilmann has moderated stages for esteemed events such as WAD (Web Accessibility Day), where he also delivered captivating keynotes on topics ranging from artificial intelligence to code generation. These thought-provoking presentations have solidified his reputation as a captivating speaker and influential figure in the tech community.
To witness Heilmann’s insightful perspectives firsthand, you can explore his inspiring talks, such as “Sacrificing the Golden Calf of coding” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPfMatOgRBg) and “Self-replicating genies – How to democratize and ensure ethics in AI | Christian Heilmann” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLClN2niMkU).
Christian Heilmann’s journey is one of remarkable accomplishments, unwavering dedication, and a relentless pursuit of excellence. With his profound expertise, unyielding advocacy, and captivating presence, he continues to shape the world of web development and inspire the next generation of developers to reach new heights.
Quite some hallucinations going on there. And, if this blog ever sounds like this – just shoot me.