Podcast recording: Development tools in the expert’s eye with Chris HeilmannTuesday, January 18th, 2022 at 2:10 pm
The questions we covered were:
- Please introduce yourself and tell us what you do?
- The robots are coming and we need to make a great example for them. What do you mean by this text? How can we set a good example for them?
- What computer did you start programming on?
- What was your first computer program, were you proud of?
- What has changed since you started programming in your perception of the world of technology?
- Does software rule the world?
- How many books have you written? What is the most exciting and what is the most difficult about writing a new book?
- You work as anPrincipal Program Manager for Browser Tools at Microsoft. What is your working day like?
- Why did you choose to take on developer tools as a new experience after being in DevRel for so long? By the way, what does being a DevRel mean to you?
- What are the main problems you see with Developer Tools at the moment?
- What are problems you face as a Developer Tools creator?
- What can the community do to help you?
- What are some things you are proud of having achieved in this role and how did you do it?
- How big is your team? How is it structured?
- What is going on in the development stack for the web that puzzle you?
- What is a term that people keep using that annoys you when it comes to coding and technology?
- What is a finding you had in Developer Tools that might surprise people?
- How do you measure the success of Developer Tools?
- What is a feature you are really excited about that people should play with?
- What do you think is needed to get us to become more effective as a community?
- How can people learn more about what you do?
- What do you think about TypeScript? Is there a chance that TS will completely replace JS in the coming years?
- Do you remember the first edition of the JS Poland conference five years ago?
- You will be performing at JS Poland soon, what have you prepared for the participants this time?
Non technical part:
- What kind of person is Chris? How do you see yourself?
- Do you have some hints for us regarding self-organization?
- Do you have any favorite hobbies?
- What about your work/live balance? Do you have some hints for us?
- Thank you for providing a lot of valuable information during this recording. Finally, can you recommend any interesting podcast or book to our audience?