Tutorial: Canvas, images and pixelsWednesday, January 7th, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Using my time off work to #justcode, I tweaked the Pixel logo generator I did years ago quite a bit in the last few weeks.
To make that time a bit more worth-while, I now also wrote up a detailed tutorial on how to create a logo generator like this.
The tutorial is called Canvas, images and pixels and is available on GitHub for download.
In it, I explain a few things:
- How to manipulate images in canvas
- How to create a logo from a font that is in a bitmap
- How to offer a zoom view for an image that is not blurry
- How to save a canvas as an image
- How to analyse and change the colours used in an image
All the demos are live in the page and are kept as simple as possible, using no libraries or abstractions.
Enjoy, and I hope you learn something from it!