Videos of “modern web development” series with Microsoft now liveFriday, July 27th, 2012 at 2:57 pm
About a month ago you might remember that I released the slides and code examples for a video training I recorded with Rey Bango of Microsoft.
It took a bit longer than we wanted to (the pink flamingo rendering algorhithm for the intro sequence is probably to blame) but now these videos are available on Microsoft’s Channel9 as the FoxIE training series.
Rey and me are covering quite a lot of topics in a very “free discussion” format:
- Introducing FoxIE has us introducing the series and frolick on the beach (notice the uncomfortable expression of the ginger in the sun)
- Web tools and browser testing covers ways to ensure cross-browser support during development
- The great divide: coping with modern and legacy browsers teaches you how to treat the elderly (IE6) with respect without blocking the next generation
- Implementing modern web standards talks about how to embrace standards and write predictable code
- HTML5 and modern web development talks about the new and cool and how to use it without blocking people out
If you want to present my talks yourself, the slides in various formats and the code examples with lots of explanations on how to present them are on GitHub.
All the videos are available in HTML5 format and to download as MP4 and WMV for offline viewing.