Bad hiring practices in the valley (guest post on RWW)Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 at 11:13 am
Some of you might recall the three reasons why large companies on the web are losing ground post and asked me to give more detail on some of the things that need fixing and how to do that.
I am proud to announce that ReadWriteWeb published a guest post by me called The Valley Lacks Flexibility, Not Talent. In it I discuss:
- Outdated hiring practices
- Local focus instead of acting like a global company
- The myth of “Rockstar developers” as product saviours
- Failed startup acquisitions
- Interview practices that annoy applicants and give a bad first impression
- Empowering your workforce to hire for you instead of replacing them
It felt very good writing all this down, hopefully it’ll be helpful for you, too.